October 24, 2014

Solidarity

Today is one of those days, where I have the entire house to myself.
One of those days where it's 

Driving.

Me.

NUTS.

One of those days where I'm bored, but I can't do anything I want, because I've got that paper due on Monday and I don't really feel like finishing, and that test coming up that I'm not sure how to study for. They like to stare me in the face when I'd really rather watch a movie or bake something.

One of those days that I really miss people. One of those days where "me and Jesus" still feels pretty lonely. One of those days where I'm feeling a little isolated, and quite a bit unmotivated.

I hate being isolated from people. People are my life. They put the smile on my face and are the reason for why I do what I do. And today I'm away from them.

But today will be different than others like it, because I'm going to choose to keep my head up. I'm going to believe that my feelings may be valid, but they don't define my existence. 
Or God's faithfulness, for that matter.
So I'm going to turn on some worship music and dance a little. Call a friend. Make something delicious. I'm going to choose to focus on what I have been given today, not what I haven't. Choose to be still and enjoy the quiet for once. 

Because Daddy speaks quite a lot in the quiet, you know.

I'm going to choose to keep that smile on.


... Oh, and I probably should get that paper written...




~Rach

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love reading what you write... x)